I am excited to share a little bit about my new pattern, the Retro Rucksack.
This vintage style, fold-over backpack can also be easily switched to a shoulder bag. It is roomy enough to fit a couple of school books or laptop, and includes an interior zipper pocket, a large slip pocket, and exterior side pockets. There is also an easy-to-install recessed zipper and many options for buckle closures.
I have also included additional information about working with faux leather if you choose to use it. (It will also look great with canvas, so don’t let the leather scare you…)
The pattern and instructions are complete, but I would love to have some pattern testers provide some feedback.
I’m looking for about a dozen people that:
- are able to complete the project in 3 weeks
- are able to demonstrate intermediate level sewing skills (a photo of another project…)
- can provide a clear digital photo of the finished bag
- are willing to answer a few questions about the pattern when they finish
Here’s how it works:
- Please send me an e-mail (sara (at) radianthomestudio (dot) com) to let me know you are interested. Please include a few sentences about your experiences, and any links to finished projects that you would like me to see.
- If you are chosen, I will e-mail you a PDF pattern (for free!) which you will need to download and print.
- You sew the bag in the fabric of your choice, and send a photo of your finished bag to me along with any suggestions for improvement.
And I will be very grateful for all of your feedback!
If you are not able to participate this time, but want to be the first to hear about future pattern testing opportunities you can sign-up to receive pattern testing team e-mails. No spam…only opportunities to try my patterns for free.